Contract Type: Research – Part time
Project- A stochastic mathematical model for a traveling nurse/therapist scheduling problem in a home healthcare system.
Position – Research Assistant
Project Summary –Working on a research project in the realm of Home Health care system, we need a research assistant in Operations Research. If you are experienced in and passionate about Mathematical modeling, Operations Research, Optimization, and mathematical programming and you are looking for an opportunity where you will be supported with your continuous professional and personal development.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Developing a valid and efficient mathematical model for the problem
- Applying operational research, combinatorial optimization, techniques
- Designing and implementing Local Search, Heuristics and Meta-heuristics algorithms
- Performing exploratory, experimental, analytical and visualization works
- Preparing technical and scientific reports, and presentations
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- MSc degree holder and above (PhD degree or PhD candidate) in Operational Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related discipline
- 1+ year experience in operational research, combinatorial optimization or computational intelligence as a minimum
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of operational research, analytics and mathematical modelling
- Experience of designing and developing optimization, local search, heuristics and meta-heuristics algorithms
- Proven knowledge of at least one mathematical programming software (preferably in GAMS, CPLEX, Julia) and in programming languages such as C++, Java, Delphi
- Strong reporting and communication skills
- Ability to change direction quickly based on data analysis
- Naturally inquisitive and enjoy discovering then solving problems
- Build collaborative partnerships with data scientists, data architects, technical leads, product managers and key individuals within other functional organizations.
- Adaptable and flexible to respond to the changing needs of a dynamic business
- Embrace challenge and be passionate about solving hard problems
- Collaborate effectively in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience in working on routing and scheduling algorithms
- Knowledge of transport logistics systems and familiarity with home health care concepts
- Experience in working with analytical tools
We require the tasks to be completed in 4 months maximum.
We need the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
We will pay a lump- sum amount from the project. The details of the payment will be discussed during the interview.
To apply for this job, please register/log in below