Contract Type: Academic – Full time
Reporting to: Head of Foundation Department – GUbridge
Duties and responsibilities:
An Assistant Lecturer in Mathematics at the German University of Technology in Oman is expected to be able to achieve the following outcomes:
Learning and Teaching
• High levels of student achievement and satisfaction in courses taught by the lecturer;
• Well delivered lectures, tutorials, laboratories and/or other forms of interactions with students, which demonstrate cultural awareness and corresponding pedagogy;
• Evidence of implementing student-centered approaches to learning;
• Evidence of implementing reflective practices in own teaching;
• Evidence of promoting the use of technology in teaching;
• Evidence of supporting students through mentoring/advising;
• Contribute to the development of learning materials, exams and tests;
• Assessing students work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance;
Leadership, community services and administration
• Contributions towards the achievement of strategic goals of the University, with a focus on excellence in Learning & Teaching and interaction with stakeholders;
• Evidence of promoting the values of the University, especially multicultural awareness and ethical practices;
• Contributions to knowledge transfer with the wider community;
• Contributions to the promotion of a culture of excellence, by implementing quality assurance processes;
• Commitment to continuous professional development;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Other tasks, as might be assigned from time to time by the University and as required to meet the requirements of the post.
Experience and education
Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or a relevant subject with Mathematics focus.
Excellent IT skills.