Contract Type: Administrative – Full time
Source Code is a subsidiary of Oman Educational Services (OES), which is a pioneer in middle east region – in Education, consultancy and research. Source Code offers services related to big data management & analytics, geospatial data management, Smart Technology & Smart Cities Solutions and Green and environmental solutions.
Source Code is seeking an Omani talented to occupy the position for an Assistant Web Developer, reporting to the Director of Source Code.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with clients to develop strategies and help translate their functional/business requirements into web-based solutions that support the unit’s overall mission and vision;
- Create, edit, manage and maintain web sites and/or applications that support unit initiatives;
- Establish work flow and service agreements in order to analyze priorities and problems and evaluate their impact on services and time-lines;
- Develop web standards and guidelines for style, content and code through 1) research of current web trends, 2) usability testing of clients, 3) surveys of clients and content managers, 4) administrative feedback and benchmarks, 5) university computer use policies and 6) relevant laws;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships between the department and client communities; identify new and ongoing client needs;
- Monitor and analyze web-related statistics; identify trends in the nature, frequency, and types of services requested, and use this data to continually improve content and quality of services;
- Implement appropriate security measures to safeguard data and restrict access appropriately;
- Audit web sites and applications to ensure that standards are met; security measures are in place and determine and address the impact of new requirements and programming changes required;
- Design, develop and maintain web/Mobile applications which are developed in-house and outsourced. (e.g. data modelling, coding, integration, testing, debugging, maintenance, documentation code libraries and reporting); and
- Improve sales and revenues. Support SourceCode client needs in terms support, Implementation, presales and post sales of software solutions.
- Responding to users’ requests for IT technical assistance via phone, help desk software or email; advise user on appropriate action; ensure that a support request is personally attended and resolved.
- Support the day-to-day operations of other IT functional units.
- Maintain and update hardware/software with latest patches.
- Responsible for submitting organized reports, log entries, and other documents as required.
- The support includes; timely installation of all software and availability, license management in cost effective ways.
- Any other similar responsibilities assigned by company Director, from time to time.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science/ Applications preferably with 2-3 years of experience.
- Professional IT certifications would be an added advantage.
- Experience in mobile application development and knowledge in latest mobile based technologies.
- Must be willing to understand other functional areas in the IT and other departments of the holding company.
- Ability to adapt to and support new and fast changing technologies.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Good time management and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
To apply for this job, please register/log in below