Contract Type: Academic – Full time
The Finland Oman School is owned and operated by Oman Educational Services LLC (OES), which also owns and operates the German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech). Finland Oman School is located on the Muscat Expressway in Halban, Oman.
Finland Oman School works closely with educational experts in Finland to provide the best in the world – Finnish Educational Practices with Omani values in the Sultanate of Oman. The school is a unique blend of the Finnish National Core Curriculum, the Omani Bilingual Curriculum, and the National Curriculum of England. The primary task of the school is to provide quality education, as well as support and develop the education system in Oman.
For the fourth academic year 2021/2022, the school offer Kindergarten Grades KG1 and KG2 (ages 3-5), Primary School Grades 1-6 (ages 5-11), and Secondary School Grades 7-11 (12-16).
We are looking for qualified and dedicated multi-national TEACHERS for the following subjects:
Chemistry Teacher with experience in international programs (IGCSE, IB)
Applicants must have a minimum requirement of a Master’s Degree in the subject area with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience in Chemistry or related subjects. Alternatively, must be a Bachelor Degree holder in Chemistry or related subjects, with a minimum teaching experience of 4 years. Applicants who are not a native English speaker, will need to have solid working proficiency in English (IELTS Score of 7 or equivalent is a requirement).
You could join our team if you;
- are an innovative, inspiring and open-minded teacher
- have a passion for education and teaching
- have minimum of 2 years of work experience and a real fluency in English
- are highly qualified, with knowledge and experience of the Finnish education system
- can facilitate age-appropriate active learning
- can work as part of a team both inside and outside of the classroom
What is expected from our teachers?
- Planning & implementing teaching according to the school curriculum and pedagogical approach
- Delivering theoretical and practical classes
- Flexibility to be effective as an in-class and online teacher if necessary
- Continuous student assessment, follow-up and recording of student development
- Running after-school activities
- Student supervision
- Contribution to the school development
- Organizing and participating in school and community events
- Weekly home/school communication with parents
- Substitution lesson cover of other teachers if needed
- Any other duties allocated by the school admin
Please apply below and attach your CV, including a cover letter, and relative supporting documents and credentials.To apply for this job, please register/log in below