Contract Type: Academic – Full time
The German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech) was established in collaboration with and is affiliated to RWTH Aachen University. Its vision is to become a leading university of technology in the wider Gulf region by building on three pillars: education, research and innovation. GUtech provides students with the education required to become highly qualified and socially responsible graduates, guided by German excellence and with a firm grounding in Oman’s culture and heritage.
GUtech’s study programmes are accredited by the German academic quality assurance agency ACQUIN, enabling graduates to continue their postgraduate education abroad. The university’s standards were recently reconfirmed through a successful evaluation by the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD as well as through a re-accreditation by ACQUIN.
GUtech seeks a full time lecturer for German as a foreign language (GFL) to start work in February 2020.
Scope of tasks:
- teach GFL in Bachelor program (20 contact hours per week) language on at A1 level on CEFRL scale, aiming for high levels of student achievement and satisfaction.
- meet students during mutually agreed office hours
- Implement student-centered approaches to learning
- Promote use of technology in teaching
- Contribute in curriculum design and review
- prepare, deliver and mark assessments
- prepare course materials and classroom aids
- participate in subject area/departmental meetings
- Maintain student records to monitor their progress and achievement
- Contribute towards the achievement of strategic goals of the University, with a focus on excellence in Learning & Teaching and interaction with stakeholders;
- Promoting the values of the University, especially multicultural awareness and ethical practices;
- Contribute to the promotion of a culture of excellence, by implementing quality assurance processes;
- Commitment to continuous professional development;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Carry out other tasks, as might be assigned from time to time by the University to meet the requirements of the position.
- M.A. in German as a Foreign Language, or in related areas with extra training in GFL
- Knowledge of current academic debate in teaching methodology
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in GFL
- Intercultural competence
- Knowledge of Moodle and other tech-based tools for the digital classroom
- Native speaker German language proficiency (C2 according to CEFRL)
- High level of English Language Proficiency (minimum B2 according to CEFRL)
To apply for this job, please register/log in below