Contract Type: Administrative – Full time
Head of Finance and Accounting is reporting directly to the CEO of Oman Educational Services (OES); the owner company of German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech) as well as the Finland Oman School (FOS) and other subsidiaries. This candidate will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations and financial planning of the entire group of companies. We are looking for highly analytical professionals ensure the smooth running of the company’s finances by assessing financial markets, identifying solutions to financial issues, and preparing management reports.
- Provide leadership and required guidance to handle and manage the department.
- Develop plans and strategies for the Finance and Accounts Department (long term, medium term, and short term) and implement the same.
- Perform regular financial analysis and Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance.
- Managing internal controls, and guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Implement accounting policies and oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Assist in developing the budgets that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Develop and maintain, ‘functionality-based employee matrix’ in line with the organization vision and mission. and manage all accounting and finance employees including management accountants.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem and risk areas.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company.
- Qualification – Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field / Chartered Accountant ACCA or similar qualification.
- Solid understanding of financial management and accounting.
- Experience; minimum of 10 years of post-qualification experience with at least 3 years in a similar managerial position.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- An analytical mind with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
To apply for this job, please register/log in below