Contract Type: Administrative – Full time
The Head of Quality Assurance and Planning Department will lead, manage and develop the department in line with the Strategic Plan of the University and assist the university in promoting a culture of quality among its staff and students.
Duties and responsibilities:
The HoD of the QAP at the German University of Technology in Oman is expected to be able to provide the following:
- Support the University in the preparation required for accreditation and University ranking by national and/or international institutions.
- Liaise and represent the university with external agencies such as OAAA, MoHERI and other national and international Quality Associations in Higher Education; and ensure that requirements from the government are met in the area of quality enhancement.
- Work with affiliation institutions and focal points; such as the implementation of the RWTH Review Committee and other projects.
- Ensure the implementation of the quality management framework by monitoring planning, policy and governance developments in the university i.e initiate review of policies, organise planning and review workshops and ensure that policies and procedures are effective and promote quality assurance, excellence, enhancement.
- Initiate the gathering of data from other higher education providers and the industry for benchmarking purpose and sharing of best practise.
- Plan, facilitate and review awareness sessions and Professional Development Days and coordinate training related to quality assurance.
- Facilitate annual risk management reviews and report the outcomes to the Risk Management committee for evaluation and action.
- Gather and analyse qualitative and quantitative information that is required to assess the university’s performance against plans including those required for ranking projects. Present reports to Rectorate, Deans and HoD as required.
- Assist the Senior Managers and HODs in carrying out their duties and responsibilities and in planning and evaluating their operational plans in order to protect quality and standards and the University’s good name and reputation.
- Participate in the gathering of data for the university’s annual report and facilitate the annual reporting event.
- Assist with the monitoring of the achievement of the University’s strategic plan.
- Manage the content of the Quality Electronic Platform ‘QWikipedia (QWIKI)’, the planning, policy and governance framework of the university.
- Ensure that staff in the department are trained in their area of responsibility; and prepare an annual budget for the department.
- Position is open for Omani nationals only.
- Doctorate / Ph.D. degree in Education Management or other fields related to Quality Management.
- Experience of 5 years minimum experience in managing quality assurance processes in Higher Education Institution such as policy management, risk assessment, feedback tools.
- at least 3 years’ experience in external quality assurance activities (EQA) such as quality audits, institutional and programme accreditation with OAAA and other international accrediting bodies, preferably European.
- Has a good understanding of data analysis tools.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write reports in a comprehensive manner, providing consistent and relevant information.
- Good in problem-solving and analysis; including the ability to research, evaluate and present complicated management data.
- Adept in planning and organizing.
- Self-motivated and a good team player.
- IT skills.
To apply for this job, please register/log in below