Contract Type: Academic – Full time
The Finland Oman School is the result of a partnership between Oman Educational Services LLC (OES), the owner Company of the German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech), and our Finnish partners specialized in Education.
Finland-Oman School is located in Halban, Oman. The school is a unique blend of the Finnish National Core Curriculum, the Omani Bilingual Curriculum, and the National Curriculum of England. The primary task of the school is to provide quality education, as well as support and develop the education system in Oman.
For the second academic year 2019-2020, the school offer Kindergarten Grades KG1 and KG2 (ages 3-5), Primary School Grades 1-6 (ages 5-11), and Secondary School Grades 7-9 (12-14).
We are looking for qualified and dedicated multi-national IGCSE/IB SUBJECT TEACHERS for the following subjects:
- Mathematics and Business Studies (preferably able to teach both subjects)
- Mathematics and Physics (preferably able to teach both subjects)
- ICT and Geography (preferably able to teach both subjects)
- ICT and Career Guidance (preferably able to teach both subjects)
- General Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
All applicants must have a minimum requirement of a Master’s Degree in the subject area. Must possess a minimum of 2 years teaching experience in specialty subjects. Alternatively, must be a Bachelor degree holder in specialty subjects, with a minimum teaching experience of 4 years. If you are not a native English speaker you will need to have solid working proficiency in English (IELTS Score of 7 or equivalent is a requirement).
You could join our team if you
- are a native English speaker
- have a passion for education and teaching
- are highly qualified, with knowledge and experience of the Finnish education system, and the National Curriculum of England
- can facilitate age-appropriate active learning
- are able to work under pressure
- can emphasise upon pedagogical play
- can act as a mentor for qualified local teachers
- can work as part of a team both inside and outside of the classroom
What is expected from our teachers?
- Planning and implementing teaching according to the school curriculum and pedagogical approach
- Continuous student assessment, follow-up and recording of student development
- Running after-school activities
- Student supervision
- Contribution to the school development
- Organising and participating in school and community events
- Weekly home/school communication with parents
- Substitution lesson cover of other teachers if needed
- Any other duties allocated by the school admin
Please fill in an application through the link below and attach your Europass CV, including a cover letter. Vacancies will be closed once suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job, please register/log in below