Contract Type: Internship – Part time
The position is for a candidate of Omani Nationality, self-motivated to learn and develop his/her professionalism, to work as Intern in the above mentioned programme.
The normal working hours are 5 days/40 hours per week. The normal working hours may be changed time to time whenever deemed necessary.
No annual Leave is embedded in the contract as it is an ‘Internship Programme’ and does not hold any employer/ employee relationship.
- The agreement shall commence latest by 01.11.2019 and will run for 6 months.
- Stipend available under this programme is OMR 280 per month.
- The shortlisted interns, at the time of signing the internship agreement with GUtech, shall be required to provide an external guarantor for the purposes of guaranteeing the refund of such stipend payments, in the event they decide to discontinue, prior to completion of such internship programme. This is primarily to safeguard utilization of limited funds available under this programme.
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Good knowledge of Spoken and written English. IELTS 6.0 or equivalent would be added advantages.
- Ability to adapt to and support new technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Good time management and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressures.
- Leadership and Entrepreneur Skills is highly recommended.
- Professional IT and computer skills.
- Experience in mobile application development and knowledge in latest mobile based technologies.
- Partner with clients to develop strategies and help translate their functional/business requirements into solutions.
- Create, edit, manage and maintain web sites and/or applications.
- Establish work flow and service agreements in order to analyze priorities and problems and evaluate their impact on services and time-lines;
- Develop web/application standards and guidelines for style, content and code through 1) research of current web trends, 2) usability testing of clients, 3) surveys of clients and content managers, 4) administrative feedback and benchmarks, 5) university computer use policies and 6) relevant laws;
- Monitor and analyze web-related statistics; identify trends in the nature, frequency, and types of services requested, and use this data to continually improve content and quality of services;
- Implement appropriate security measures to safeguard data and restrict access appropriately;
- Audit web sites and applications to ensure that standards are met; security measures are in place and determine and address the impact of new requirements and programming changes required;
- Design, develop and maintain web/Mobile applications which are developed in-house and outsourced. (e.g. data modelling, coding, integration, testing, debugging, maintenance, documentation code libraries and reporting); and
- Responsible for submitting organized reports, log entries, and other documents as required.
- Design, develop and maintain the tool which are developed in-house and outsourced. (e.g. data modelling, coding, integration, testing, debugging, maintenance, documentation code libraries and reporting).
- Work collaborative with the Supervisors to maximize the productivity.
- Create specifics strategies for easier and effective execution of projects.
- Provide periodic reports on project progress or key issues and finding verbally and in written form to Supervisors before 48 hours from the weekly meetings.
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met.
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks.
- Prepare, proofread and edit written work, summaries of proposals and publication.
- To contribute to the analysis and writing up of projects done as a team or individually.
- To prepare ad present findings of activity when requested.
- Establish work flow in order to analyse priorities and problems and evaluate their impact on services and time-lines;
- Responsible for submitting organized final reports, and other documents as required.
If you are experienced in C#, C++, Swift, MATLAB, and are interested to learn other languages, please submit your application.
We require the following documents to be submitted to us, in addition to the applicants (for the position of Interns) submitting their Resume (CV) for our perusal:
- Motivation Letter.
- At least two recommendation letter.
To apply for this job, please register/log in below