Contract Type: Academic – Full time
Finland-Oman School is located in Halban, Oman. The school is a unique blend of the Finnish National Core Curriculum, the Omani Bilingual Curriculum, and the National Curriculum of England. The primary task of the school is to provide quality education, as well as support and develop the education system of Oman.
For the second academic year 2019-2020, the school hosts Kindergarten Grades KG1 and KG2 (ages 3-5) and Primary School Grades 1-6 (ages 5-11), and Secondary School Grades 7-9 (12-14).
We are looking for qualified, and dedicated KG & CLASSROOM TEACHERS. Hold a Master’s Degree in Education, possess a minimum of 2 years teaching experience, and have knowledge on the Finnish education system. If you are not a native English speaker you will need to have solid working proficiency in English (IELTS Score of 7 or equivalent is a requirement).
You could join our team if you
- have a passion for education and teaching
- are highly qualified, have knowledge and experience in the Finnish education system
- can facilitate age-appropriate active learning
- are able to work under pressure
- can emphasise upon pedagogical play
- can act as a mentor for qualified local teachers
- can work as part of team both inside and outside the classroom
What is expected from our teachers?
- Planning and implementing teaching according to the school curriculum and pedagogical approach.
- Continuous student assessment, follow-up and recording of student development.
- Running after-school activities.
- Student supervision.
- Contribution to the school development.
- Organising and participating in school and community events.
- Weekly home/school communication with parents.
- Substitution cover of other teachers if needed.
- Any other duties allocated by the school admin
Please fill in an application through the link below and attach your Europass CV, including a cover letter. All documents are required in English.
To apply for this job, please register/log in below