Contract Type: Administrative – Full time
We are looking for an enthusiastic Media & Communications Manager to manage our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our University/company’s behalf.
Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications specialist. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
|Position:||Media & Communications Manager|
|Reporting to:||General Manager for Administration & Finance|
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation media platform management and Search Engine Optimization.
- Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs and newsletters.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the university/company’s policies, principles and strategies, and to keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
- Coordinate with departments under OES/GUtech for external activities and campaigns.
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with external role-players.
- Adhere to the university/company’s style guide, as well as being responsible for managing and enforcing brand guidelines.
- Ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles including development of marketing tools (brochures, profiles, etc.).
- Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity.
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field (essential).
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in communications development (preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Works well under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools, designing and photo editing software is an asset.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A portfolio of work available for review.
To apply for this job, please register/log in below