Contract Type: Research – Part time
Project – MARSC: A Mobile Augmented Reality system for Smart Construction
Position – Research Assistant (Postgraduate Student or BSc/BEng graduate with relevant experience)
Project Summary – The project aims to combine the use of artificial intelligence (namely multi-agent systems and machine learning) with the paradigm of Augmented Reality (AR) to implement a solution that will allow the inspection of construction structures against their initial plans, enable real-time collaboration between construction stakeholders, and provide on-the-fly assistance (as well as training) for in-field labours from distance. The expected solution, called MARSC (Mobile Augmented Reality system for Smart Construction), will include self-learning capabilities, particularly to allow for supporting cultural aspects related to the local construction sector.
– MSc or PhD student in computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields. BSc/BEng graduates with relevant experience are also invited to submit their applications
– Good knowledge about the AR paradigm
– Strong skills in mobile app analysis and design
– High proficiency in English language
Description of tasks
– Define requirements to create a Mobile AR system for inspecting construction status
– Carry out a comprehensive state of the art on the use of AR for the construction sector
– Write a scientific survey paper summarizing the exiting literature related to using AR in the construction sector
– Design the structure of MARSC
– Advise on the best software/hardware tools to use for the project
– The Research Assistant will provide periodic reports on the project progress to the project leader. The reports will be scheduled based on the project plan as well as based on a mutual agreement with the project leader.
– The Research Assistant must comply with the highest ethics and professional standards.
We require the tasks to be completed in 4 months maximum.
We need the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
We will pay a lam-sum amount from the MARSC project. The details of the payment will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Please, submit your CV through GUtech portal. We will start processing the applications on December 20, 2020. The position will remain open until filledTo apply for this job, please register/log in below