Contract Type: Academic – Full time
The post holder will be required to carry out and assist with research being conducted by the department and its professors. Tasks could include carrying out primary and secondary research, analyzing and writing up the results (as part of a research team).
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Teaches basic courses or assists Professors by tutoring students.
- Assist with Administrative work on behalf of the Head of Department in the following areas:
- Registration of students
- Assistance students in all transcript relevant questions
- Counsels students in programme related decisions
- Liases with RSA in time table adjustments
- Liases academic and technical matters between the students and the department
- To carry out secondary/desk research for the research projects carried out by the department or any department professor.
- To carry out primary research as part of a team or individually.
- To contribute to the analysis and writing up of research projects done as a team or individually.
- To prepare ad present findings of research activity when requested.
- To contribute to the preparation and drafting of research proposals.
- To attend and assist Head of Department with consultancy work.
- To contribute to the overall activities of the research team and department as required.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the post holder, and in accordance with the University’s career plan for Alumni’s and graduates.
Reporting to: Head of (Academic) Department
- Bachelor degree in Urban Planning, Architecture Design or relevant courses.
- Fresh graduated.
- Omani Nationality.
- Good communicating and computing skills.
To apply for this job, please register/log in below