Contract Type: Academic – Full time
The Finland-Oman School is located in Muscat, Oman. The school is a fusion of the Finnish National Core Curriculum and the Oman Bilingual Curriculum. The primary task of the school is to provide quality education as well as to support and develop the education system of Oman.
For the second academic year 2019-2020, the school hosts Kindergarten Grades KG1 and KG2 (ages 3-5) and Primary School Grades 1-6 (ages 5-11), and Secondary School Grades 7-9 (12-14).
We are looking for Finnish Nationality SUBJECT TEACHERS for Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology), and Mathematics, with a minimum requirement of a Master’s Degree in subject area from Finnish Universities. Must possess a minimum of 2 years teaching experience in specialty subject. IGCSE/IB experience is preferred.
You could join our team if you
- have a passion for education and teaching
- are highly qualified, with knowledge and experience of the Finnish education system
- facilitate age-appropriate active learning
- are able to work under pressure
- emphasise pedagogical play
- can act as mentors for qualified local teachers
- are team workers in and out of the classroom
- have solid working proficiency in English (IELTS Score of 7 or equivalent is a requirement)
What is expected from our teachers?
- Planning and implementing teaching according to the school curriculum and pedagogical approach
- Continuous student assessment, follow-up and recording of student development
- Running after-school activities
- Student supervision
- Contribution to the school development
- Organizing and participating in school and community events
- Weekly home/school communication with parents
- Substitution of other teachers as needed
- Any other duties allocated by the school admin
Please fill in an application through the link below and attach your Europass CV, including a cover letter. All documents are required in English.To apply for this job, please register/log in below